As well as Educational Meetings and Coffee Catch-ups, the Fibromyalgia Support Network of WA also holds several events and fundraisers throughout the year.
Events for 2018 include:
- January 13th - Bingo Night in Carlisle
- May 27th - HBF Run for a Reason - Perth CBD
- June 30th - Quiz Night - North Perth
- August 18th - Annual FSNWA Social Event
- September - National Awareness Day Expo
- October - TBA
- November/December - End of Year/Christmas Celebration
(Please note, dates and details of events are subject to change).
Keep up to date with what's going on by checking our Facebook page. Or, if you are a member of FSNWA, you will receive emails to alert you to upcoming events.
Monthly Educational Meetings
Our Monthly Educational Meetings are held on the 1st Wednesday of each month from 11:30am until 1:30pm, except January, at the South Perth Library, Corner South Terrace and Sandgate Street, South Perth. Each month a guest presenter talks about a subject related to fibromyalgia. We then break for tea/coffee, followed by an informal chat/question session with some of our committee members. Friends and family are welcome.
The cost is $5, including the tea/coffee. You don't need to book. Just turn up on the day.
Our informal social Coffee Catchups are a great opportunity to get together with others in in your area who have fibromyalgia. Spending time and chatting with others who truly understand what you are going through can be a big morale booster.
Friends and family are very welcome. You don't need to book... Just turn up on the day. Look out for our logo on the table.
Here is a list of our current Catchups with the day of the month, time and address:
- Albany - Last Friday of the month - 10:30pm - Albany Public Library, 221 York Street, Albany
- Beeliar - 2nd Saturday of the month - 10:30am - Sul Lago, 28 Lakefront Avenue, Beeliar.
- Busselton - 1st Tuesday of the month - 10:30am - Hummingbird Cafe,
- Butler - See calendar for dates - Dome Cafe,
- Canningvale - Saturdays - see calendar for dates - 10.30am - Kelly's Cafe & Restaurant. 163 Birnam Rd, Canning Vale
- Clarkson - 2nd Tuesday of the month - 11:00am - Essence Cafe at Ocean Keys, Clarkson.
- Fremantle - Last Wednesday of the month- 10:30am - Moore & Moore Cafe, 46 Henry St Fremantle.
- Geraldton - 2nd Tuesday of the month - 10:00am - The Coffee Nook. Cnr Shenton and Milford Streets, Geraldton
- Guildford **NEW** See calendar for dates - 12.00pm - Hall and Oats Cafe 2/9 Waterhall Rd South Guildford.
- Kalamunda/Lesmurdie - See calendar for dates 10.30am - King & Spoon, Sanderson Rd Shopping Centre, 35 Sanderson Rd Lesmurdie
- Kings Park - Cancelled until further notice
- Maddington (Formerley Harrisdale) - Fortnightly, every second Friday 10.00am - Pinjarra Bakery, 1871 Albany Hwy, Maddington
- Mandurah - 3rd Tuesday of the month - 10:00am - **NEW VENUE**Sharky's, Shop 1, Dolphin Quay, Mandurah
- Margaret River - 1st Tuesday of the month - 9.00am - Urban Bean, 157 Bussell Hwy, Margaret River
- Mt Hawthorn - 2nd Tuesday of the month - 12.00pm - The Bodhi Tree Bookshop Cafe. Unit 1, 416-418 Oxford Street, Mt Hawthorn.
- Rockingham - Forth Wednesday of each month - 10am - **NEW VENUE**Steel Tree @ The Foreshore Café/Restaurant Shop 3/7 Railway Terrace Rockingham
- South Perth - 3rd Wednesday of the month - 10:30am - The Mill Point Caffe Bookshop. 254 Mill Point Road (cnr Douglas Ave), South Perth.
- Wanneroo - 2nd Thursday of the month - 10.30am - Dome Cafe, 10 Conlan Avenue, Wanneroo.
For more information and map links click on the event on our calendar.